Pages

Thursday 18 February 2010

Signature Needles

I love these needles. I only have four pairs, so far. I was a big fan of wooden and bamboo needles for a while and they still have a place in my heart and hands for some yarns and occasions but after reading that metallic needles go faster I went back to them but they didn’t feel the same. Then I came across Signature Needles in Vogue Knitting and love the stiletto tips. This is the only time I now ‘wear’ them. The last time I wore the shoe type for a night out from work my husband phoned the friend I worked with, bearing in mind that Pat and I worked within short stick poking distance of each other, and asked her to keep her eye on me and make sure I didn’t fall off them! I don’t know whether its health and safety but I’m sure points on modern needles are getting blunter. However with these needles you get to choose your point – stiletto, middy or blunt as well as the length and end shape and get to see what they look like on screen as you select each.

I’m attempting to knit a baby hat at the moment and I cast on last night on my stiletto needles and hit a snag. Well not a snag but the cut on my left index finger. I sustained the injury during an intense encounter with the foil top on a supplement bottle. They’re vicious little things if you don’t assert your authority. As any knitter knows it is nay on impossible to knit with a plaster on, unless it’s on your toe, of course. Anyway the stiletto point on my needles keeps prodding my cut but don’t worry I’m going to persevere. I’ve only done two rows and I want to give it someone tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Foil tops are indeed lethal. I used to lick my yoghurt lids clean until I cut my tongue on one. You live and learn they say!

    ReplyDelete