Pages

Sunday 14 February 2010

GOOD NEWS and Random Stuff

Went to the clinic (that always makes me think of an STD) on Friday and my blood results were all normal. Fantastic but you know how I know this, I asked after being told I only need to go back in three months. (Apart from SCT process but this is at a different hospital.) I am constantly amazed at how much information I see on other blogs regarding numbers, particularly your American ones, although admit that 99% of the numbers mean nothing to me. I think it would be easier to extract a tooth from my consultant than any detailed information. I only know I have IGA myeloma because I saw it on a blood test envelope in October.


Okay I’m being a little grouchy. I don't like being told I can't do something. After posting a comment re exercise on Myeloma UK a lady said that her husband had been referred by his consultant via his GP to a HeartSmart programme which despite its name dealt with any serious illness that would benefit from exercise. My haematologist (I can’t spell this word, I ALWAYS get it wrong, so I’m using blood from now on whether it looks right or not) who we saw on Friday won’t do me a letter saying what exercises I can’t do so my GP can’t refer me to an exercise programme . He says I should leave it for a while. I kind of knew we may have a problem there because when we said the professor we saw re the SCT said some weights may be okay, he said why would I want to do that!

Whilst at the hospital I got up to go to the toilet and hubby informed me that my new dress looked from the back like ‘one of those hospital gowns that doesn’t close at the back, but your dress does, but it is nice’.

I now have purple hair – hubby likes it better than the red.

We have a new driveway/front forecourt – it’s gorgeous, the neighbours have been looking possibly, apart from it being irresistible, because it’s a million times better than the previous eyesore.

Hubby doesn’t listen – I’ve suspected for a while but he excelled himself on Friday night. The flush on the now clear toilet wasn’t working. I managed to fix it. (That sounds like it was technical but it was actually just catching on the back of the cistern.) I rushed downstairs where B was just coming in from the garage. ‘I fixed it, I fixed it, I fixed it’ x about 10 whilst dancing a little ‘I fixed it’ nah, nah, na nah nah kind of jig, embarrassing but relevant. Half an hour later B’s in the bathroom, flushes and says ‘I fixed it’, thinking he’s being funny I say ‘Did you, that was clever of you’. Turns out he’d pulled the arm up firmly and it was flowing in but now won’t switch off. A little discussion ensued. I informed one of our extremely handy neighbours of this yesterday and am now under a gagging order. I finally managed to sort it properly today. So B either doesn’t listen or I get so excited about everything and jig about so much that B doesn’t notice anymore!!

B also likes his cherry tomatoes sliced in at least two. I think this is because when they are whole he wastes time chasing them round the plate so can’t get food in this mouth as fast.

I think I may be watching too much South Park because I've started to understand what Kenny is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment