Pages

Saturday 9 January 2010

Wool Stash

I sorted out my wool stash. I need to keep using yarn, the word, instead of wool as I keep reminding myself when listing things on etsy. I was brought up calling everything wool that was knit with, cotton, manmade fibres even believe it or not wool but in this age of millions of fibres it can get confusing. So here’s a pic of my stash.


That’s not actually my stash that’s my one ball boxes, as per Sally Melville Styles – a book for using up your yarn collection (I just looked that up on the book and am now going to use it instead of stash) odds and ends. The idea is you sort by colour and not weight and put one ball of each yarn in each colour box and reference to the rest in boxes, cupboards, wardrobes, etc. I have to admit I do have mine in boxes in the wardrobe I converted to shelves in bedroom two or my sewing room as my Auntie En calls it.  The doll was a present from her.  I have never named her, she has blue eyes and brown hair like me.  She also has bloomers on, unlike me, but I love touches like that, things you don't see but that finish things off.  She watches over the boxes and makes sure they are not pilfered.

This is my DMC thread collection.  I have forsaken Anchor which are all squished into a box in favour of these.  The nails they hang off do provide a little bit of a hazard when getting in and out of the glory hole.

Now I just need to start on my fabric collection. Which was considerably added to by Auntie En recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment