Pages

Saturday 16 January 2010

Stem Cells and Red Hair

I’m not normally a whiney person well, I like to think not. A friend I worked with once told me I’d feel better if I moaned more but I tried it and she suggested I might want to go home early as it didn’t suit me! But I feel a bit whiney and moany this morning. I think it might be an anticlimax and my RED hair and am hungry. I didn’t have much for breakfast but have now taken a Bonefos so I have to wait even though I’ve just toasted bagels for hubby.


It’s not necessarily the redness although it is quite artificial looking, I’m used to henna red applied twice a year. It’s the fact that now I’m not going for my stem cell transplant immediately I’ll have to do something with it to either

a) Keep colour topped up eg, roots

b) Change it completely to something more user friendly

Fortunately I love the shortness.

My stem cells should be hanging their heads in shame as they are to blame for this dilemma, not that you’d notice if they did because there were so few of them. The lazy so and so’s. They mobilised into my blood in so few numbers 0.5% that it’s not even worth poking them out of the bone. There is another drug, Plerixafor, to try but it’s not available on the NHS so the doctor will apply for funding. I’m going to try my private healthcare provider and we can always pay for it ourselves. I can honestly say I never thought I’d be in a position where I couldn’t just get what I wanted from the NHS.

I think I might to whingey and moany because I’m a bit tired today and I don’t like being tired. I have always had to be doing something unless I had a migraine but the problems with my vertebra meant that I couldn’t do a LOT of things for a while even knit. Now I can I feel I can’t take a day off like I have to make up for it or something.

I also need to lose fat and tone up again. I’ve become such a slob and can’t use the myeloma or vertebra as an excuse. I read that you lose up to 10% bodyweight during a stem cell transplant so that would have worked out well. I got weighed at the clinic yesterday and am 63.2kg.

So I need

Less fat, more muscle
Ceramic heated brush
Different hair colour
A new job
An exercise bike or elliptical trainer – we have a treadmill and weights in the garage but it’s too cold
Pass driving test
More sales on etsy

I am a great believer in achievable goals and maybe one or two you need to strive for. Mine was a house worth a certain amount. I thought we would need to build one to do this but our current house is worth more than this.
My new one is

A cure for myeloma that is accessible to everyone

On that note I can now eat again so I’m off for a nice cup of tea and something healthy to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment